Passport is required if you want to travel abroad. Foreign travel is not possible without a passport. Each country has different passports. At the same time passport is also required to prove identity. Applications for getting new passports come in every day in India. However, many people do not have proper information about the process of getting a passport. In such a situation, today we are going to tell you step by step about the easy way to get passport.
It’s fast and easy! Welcome to the website of Passport a – http://www.passportindia.gov.in. This is the Holy Grail for every Indian citizen in need of a passport. From basic information on how to start to the documents you require and the forms you need to fill, it’s all here.
Get Your Documents In Order
While filling out the application form is just one part of the process, you’ll also need to ensure that your supporting documents are in order. These may include a birth certificate, proof of identity and proof of residence.
Make An Appointment
After registering online, submitting your application and getting all your paperwork in order, make an appointment at the nearest PSK or Passport Service Kendra. In order to confirm at appointment at a PSK, it’s mandatory to make an online payment via credit or debit card, internet banking or a bank challan. If for any reason, you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you can do so twice within a year of the first appointment.
Visiting Your PSK
On the day of your appointment, make sure to carry all your original supporting documents along with two photocopies of each. If for some reason, your documents are not in order or something further is required and you may need to visit the PSK again, you can do so on a ‘walk-in’ basis within 3 working days from the time and date of your appointment.
Police Verification Process
After submitting all your documents to the PSK, you will be subjected to a police verification where they will validate some of the information you mentioned on the form. For this, the police will visit the address mentioned on your application form.
Delivery Of Your New Passport
The Ministry of External Affairs has fixed a time limit of 30 days for issuance of new passports from the date you submit your documents to the PSK. Your passport will be delivered to the recipient in person by the postman.
Follow these steps
- Register on Passport Seva Online Portal
- Login after registering on Passport Seva Online Portal
- Click on “Apply for Background Verification for GEP” link
- Fill the requested information in the form and submit it
- After that click on “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link
- Select the location for which you want to book an appointment
- Make online payment for appointment booking
- Click on “Print Application Receipt” and take a print of your application. Apart from that, an appointment message will also come on the mobile, save it too
- Now reach the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/Regional Passport Office (RPO) of the place where you have booked the appointment with the original document. Your credentials will be checked there
- After that the police verification will also take place and once everything is done, the passport will arrive at home within a few days.
- Only emergency/medical cases and preapproved categories may visit Passport Seva Kendra without appointment. Service will be provided at the discretion of Passport Seva Kendra in-charge/Passport Officer.
- In case of minor applicants (below 4 years of age), carry the recent passport size photograph (4.5 X 3.5 cm) with white background.
- Resubmission of application form is required, in case the applicant does not visit the Passport Seva Kendra within 90 days from the online form submission.
- Information regarding status of verification carried out by Indian authorities and communicated to US CBP authorities will NOT be disclosed to the applicants or the general public under Section 8(1)(a), (f) & (j) of the RTI Act, 2005, as this information is being collected on behalf of the US Government, under a bilateral agreement.
- 0fficial web-site: Click Here